These print utilities make my life easier every day. Each one has a free and paid version, and I use the free versions currently.
This awesome utility allows you to:
- Bring up a print job and view it before you print (similar to print preview)
- Delete pages that you don’t want to print
- Shrink pages and print multiple pages on on page (2, 4, or 8 pages)
- Manual duplexing if you don’t have an automatic duplex printer
I usually choose 2 or 4 pages, depending on the print size. It really cuts down on the paper, especially when using duplex.
They don’t really advertise the free/trial version, which prints a small banner at the bottom of every page.
I have tried many PDF creation utilities, and PDF Redirect works the best for me. One feature I really like is the ability to combine multiple PDFs into one document.
If you’ve never used one of these before, they allow you to create a PDF document instead of printing.
This is a “print screen” utility, and I absolutely love it!
It allows you to:
- Print the whole screen, the active window, or a portion you select
- Print it or save it
- Crop and resize
The current version of Faststone is no longer free, but you can download a prior version from:
All of these utilities will cut down on your paper consumption, if used properly.
Let me know how they work for you!