I recently replaced my main PC, and as I set up my new machine, I started thinking about the software I use on a day-to-day basis.
There are many paid apps I use frequently; here is a list of the first 8 freeware apps I installed:
1. Firefox browser. I really like Google Chrome too.
2. Antivir antivirus. I’ve alternated between AVG and this one. Antivir seems less “bloated”.
3. LastPass password manager. So cool.
4. Delicious bookmark plugin for Firefox. I like this almost as much as Lastpass.
5. McAfee Site Advisor plugin for Firefox. Sort of a first line of defense against the bad guys online
6. Jing. Helpful software that doesn’t try to do anything. I sprung for the Pro version, but the free one works great.
7. Dropbox. Very easy method of syncing, sharing, and backing up files.
8. Faststone Capture. Good screen capture program. Free and paid versions exist.